3D printed new life forms
This is not science fiction. We are in the synthetic genomics era. Sythetic organisms can be printed by 3D printers.
- 2010: The first living organism which have a computure for a mother was created in Maryland. Its nickname is Synthia.
- 2012: The genome of 80,000 years old Denisovan extracted from a bone.
- 2015: “Three-parent babies” are legalised in the United Kingdom.
- by 2020: “Many hospitals will have genomic medicine departments, designing medical therapies based on your personal genetic constitution.”
- by 2025: “We will have sequenced the genomes of billions of individuals.”
- by 2050: Handling the biodiversity existing on our earth. “DNA-based Systema Natura” will be completed.
- by 2100: Biocode will become completely sythetic. Artificial living organisms will dominate natural bio-organisms.
Please refer to the references for the detailed document published in aeon.co.